ST. THOMAS, USVI – The Virgin Islands Department of Education (VIDE) St. Thomas-St. John District School Food Authority will be closed until further notice due to two employees recently testing positive for COVID-19.
Other employees who may have been in direct, prolonged contact with the affected employees have been identified and are in quarantine, under the advisement of the Virgin Islands Department of Health.
- The St. Thomas-St. John District School Food Authority location will assume full telework mode, where applicable, until further notice. In the event telework is not feasible, the employee(s) will be placed on administrative leave. Employees shall not access the location until clearance is given from the Department’s leadership.
- The VIDE has begun the process of deep-cleaning and disinfecting all affected offices, restrooms and shared spaces. Additionally, deep cleaning will also be conducted before employees have been notified to return to work.
- Employees were reminded that if they should become symptomatic, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) with a fever, shortness of breath, or cough, they should contact their health care provider and/or the V.I. Department of Health for further guidance.
- Employees were reminded that if they should subsequently test positive for COVID-19, they should immediately inform their direct supervisor or the Director of Human Resources in an effort to contain the exposure to other employees. These communications are confidential.
- Employees were reminded to become familiar with all recommendations and preventative measures for COVID-19 at work and home, as established by the CDC and the Virgin Islands Department of Health.
- Employees were encouraged to contact the CIGNA Employee Assistance Program at 888-371-1125 or www.mycigna.com for stress and anxiety associated with the COVID-19 event and/or this potential exposure.
Download PDF: pdf DOE STTJ School Food Authority Office Closure (169 KB)