THE POSITION BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: Help Desk Specialist
LOCATION: St. Thomas/ St. John District
Interested persons should contact: DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES (340) 774-0100
Deadline for applying: November 11, 2016
Salary Range: $34,940
Union: Non-Union Classified
This is a standard position description whose function is to provide assistance to a specialized
assistance program for users in solving personal computer problems. Work involves recording and researching problems, conducting follow-up-actions and providing training. An employee in this class works under the immediate supervision of a higher level officer. Some degree of independence is expected, especially in the areas of tracking problems and researching to resolve routine user problems related to computer operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
· Receives calls from users requesting solutions or service to personal computer problems;
· Records all problems reported or discovered;
· Researches and resolves routine user problems related to computer and communication, equipment and software;
· Conducts and coordinates user support for personal computer software/hardware and on-line systems through telephone communication and on site assistance;
· Assists information services staff in development and establishment of problem prevention programs such as user training;
· Maintains current computer software reference materials such as user manuals, training guides and technical support materials;
· Performs data entry and output verifications;
· Provides monthly reports, based on Help Desk System and other information;
· Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
· Knowledge of local and federal laws, rules, regulations and policies regarding financial assistance programs;
· Knowledge of the operation and care of the digital computer and it peripheral equipment;
· In depth knowledge of computer software and technical methods;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts Degree in Computer Science, Data Processing or
Information System or;
· Associate Degree in Computer Science, Data Processing, Information System or any closely related field and two (2) years computer related experience or;
· Equivalent combination of education and experience not to go below a High School Diploma and not less than five (5) years practical experience, two of which must be in computer related work.
Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at vide.vi and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licensures, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.
****DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, THE DEPARTMENT WILL NOTIFY ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SELECTED
FOR THE NEXT STEP IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. ****
Travel, transportation and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected candidate.