THE POSITION BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: Registrar
LOCATION: St. Thomas/St. John District
Interested persons should contact: DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Deadline for applying: February 9, 2017
Salary Range: $34,000 - $48,475.00
Union: American Federation of Teachers
Under general supervision from the school principal, directs the registration activities of students coming into the public school system, coordinates class schedules with room assignments, and maintains record system related to the same. Assignments are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures, but independent judgment is sometimes required. Work is reviewed through observations and staff conferences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Initiates and completes all work connected with registration of students in school;
- Corresponds with school officials to request information and to answer inquires regarding students’ transcripts and scholastic standings;
- Complies scholastic ranking of graduates and other pertinent statistics;
- Prepares periodic reports for school officials based upon registration data;
- Schedules classrooms according to courses of study to be offered, maintain a master listing showing classrooms assigned and the classrooms available;
- Maintains records of registration cards, schedule cards, dropouts, “on condition” students and all other records as necessary;
- Prepares or ensures that all necessary forms for scheduling students are available;
- Reviews registration forms and transcripts for students for placement;
- Directs students to appropriate counselor for preparation of course selection form;
- Request transcripts for students;
- Issues transcripts as requested by past and present students;
- Verifies enrollment for Social welfare Housing, Food Stamps, Armed Forces and Social Security;
- Prepares examination schedule for midterm and final exam;
- Determines scholastic ranking of graduating students as of the at the end of 11th grade, first semester of 12th and final 12th;
- Prepares and maintains roster of students enrolled;
- Custodian of cumulative records and report cards;
- Ensures that report cards and cumulative records are prepared for all students enrolled;
- Determines whether or not a possible graduate has met graduate requirements;
- Performs related work as required.
- Identifies gifted children and suggests accelerated programs for such children;
- Prepares case histories and reports outlining diagnostic results of the tests as a basis for planning the type of treatment;
- Plans and supervises in-service training programs for teachers to meet the needs of students;
- Provides to school personnel, parents and certain community agencies clinical and diagnostic information regarding children learning and emotional problems;
- Prepares and submits required reports to the principal;
- Participates in case conferences and research programs;
- Participates in the development and administration of programs in the department;
- Prepares and maintains comprehensive case records on each client in accordance with local and federal standards;
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the procedures involved in maintaining school records of students’ grades and achievements;
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of office management;
- Knowledge of computer programs such as excel, quicken and other record keeping software;
- Knowledge of the theory, principles and techniques of master scheduling of school enrollment and classroom space to meet existing needs;
- Ability to type accurately at a working rate of speed and to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions;
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate detailed records;
- Ability to exercise patience while dealing with students;
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with all those contacted during the course of work.
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgment in carrying out functions of the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Education or Business and two (2) years of experience school registration activities.
Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at http://jobs.vide.vi and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licensures, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.
****DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, THE DEPARTMENT WILL NOTIFY ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SELECTED FOR THE NEXT STEP IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. ****
Travel, transportation and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected candidate.