THE POSITION BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: System Analyst I
LOCATION: St. Thomas/ St. John District
Interested persons should contact: DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Deadline for applying: October 14, 2016
Salary Range: $41,356 GRADE: EC-26 STEP: 0
Union: Support Staff Unit – (AFT)
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Under general direction, an employee in this class will perform highly technical work involving the design and analysis of various data processing systems. Considerable judgment and initiative is required in determining data processing problems related to specific systems. The employee also acts as a liaison with various government departments and agencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Organizes and directs tasks involving systems design and analysis;
- Analyzes present systems and procedures;
- Designs improved approaches to operating situations;
- Evaluate and recommend products and services;
- Maintain data accuracy and security, review data models and data dictionaries for overall system improvement and efficiency;
- Analyzes cost statistics and prepares economic comparisons of alternatives;
- Organizes and prepares systems documentation;
- Designs procedures and schedules for supplementary recommendations;
- Coordinates the implementation of new or revised systems;
- Improve and update system;
- Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of programming and computer systems;
- Knowledge of at least two programming languages;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- High level of critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Ability to perform detailed and complicated work;
- Ability to instruct personnel in a clear and comprehensible manner;
- Ability to establish and manage multiple projects;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and two (2) years of progressively more responsible work where the primary aspects of employment where related to systems design and analysis; or
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and field (5) years of progressively more responsible work where the primary aspects of employment where to related to systems design and analysis.
Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at http://jobs.vide.vi and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licensures, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.
Travel, transportation and relocation expenses are not authorized by this position. Any travel, transportation and relocation expense associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected candidate