THE POSITION BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: School Monitor
LOCATION: St. Thomas/St. John District
Interested persons should contact: DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Deadline for applying: May 26, 2017
Salary: $31,541.00-$55,722.00 GRADE: US-21
Union: United Steelworkers
This is responsible work involving the maintenance of orderly and safe conduct of activities and programs on school grounds and property. An employee in this class is responsible for reducing incidents of disorderly behavior on the school grounds and to discourage disruptions of school business; programs and other activities by student and/ or non-/students. This employee is required to use good judgment in the enforcement of rules and regulations in accordance with established guidelines. Supervision is received from the school’s principal through periodic inspections, reviews and analysis of reports submitted.
REPORTS TO: School Principal
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE):
- Checks all students and visitors for passes, while on school grounds;
- Prepares a daily report; indicating incident cases handled;
- Reports any student and/or non-student who is caught in the act of gambling; smoking; loitering or any other unacceptable behavior to the principal for appropriate action;
- Ensures orderly loading and unloading of school buses;
- Ascertains the orderliness of school and grounds by performance of frequent patrols;
- Ensures that students adhere to established laws, rules, and regulations;
- Reports all incidents that requires police assistance to appropriate personnel;
- Performs other related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of the basic methods and practices of security guard work;
- Ability to read and comprehend;
- Ability to interpret pertinent laws, rules and regulations to students;
- Ability to react quickly, calmly and appropriately during emergency situations;
- Ability to deal tactfully, courteously and impartially with all persons contacted during the course of the work;
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Completion of the twelfth grade or its equivalent plus two (2) years working experience in a security guard related position;
Applicants must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age with no criminal record;
Applicants must present the results of a psychological assessment to be used as part of the assessment for determining his or her fitness for work as a school monitor; the applicant must be able to submit to training required of a public officer.
Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at http://jobs.vide.vi and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licensures, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.
****DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, THE DEPARTMENT WILL NOTIFY ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SELECTED FOR THE NEXT STEP IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. ****
Travel, transportation and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected candidate.