THE POSITION BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: Occupational Therapist
LOCATION: St. Croix District
Interested persons should contact: DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Deadline for applying: Until Filled
Salary Range: $ 44,000 – $48,475
Union: American Federation of Teachers
This work is of great responsibility involving the maintenance of safe, orderly conduct of activitiesand programs within school grounds. Work involves reducing incidents of disorderly behavior on the school grounds and the discouragement of disruption of school business, programs, and other activities by students and/or non-students. The employee is required to use respect and good judgment while enforcing rules and regulations in accordance with established guidelines. Supervision is received from the School Safety Manager working collaboratively with the School/Activity Center Administrator through periodic inspections, review and analysis of reports submitted.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE):
- Plans, develops and administers treatment plans, programs and implementation goals for students in order to ensure that maximum rehabilitation and therapeutic activities are provided to needy students; assess students needs, interests, attitudes and abilities through interviews, testing and observations;
- Re-evaluates and modifies treatment plans at periodic intervals as is necessary; treats students in specific and specialized rehabilitation activities and interprets findings;
- Evaluates students’ treatment plan by gathering data from a variety of sources such as students’ records, interviews, observations and team members;
- Coordinates treatment plans with students, family members, and the medical care team and communicate observations, facts and comments;
- Prepares written documentation as required by the profession and the department’s practices and procedures (e.g. evaluation results, individualized treatment plans, and progress reports).
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of total services delivered and of individual occupational therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency using predetermined criteria;
- Maintains service-related records of students and adhere to departmental policies, practices and procedures;
- Provides education to members of the students care team through in-service meetings, workshops and training, as well as the community;
- Participates in committee and staff meetings as directed;
- Assists in the care and maintenance of all equipment and supplies;
- Supervises lower-level Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants and Occupational therapy workers;
- Requires positioning of students, lifting of supplies and equipment;
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the concepts, principles, practices, techniques and procedures of rehabilitation and therapeutic applications in the occupational therapy field;
- Knowledge of the pathology of physical and mental illness, psychology, human anatomy, kinesiology and physiology;
- Knowledge of the various modes of treatment plans and activities, which would aide in the maximum rehabilitation of students;
- Ability to assess, plan, develop and evaluate specific treatment plans and rehabilitation techniques to help students reach their maximum potential;
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with all those contacted during the course of work and demonstrate sensitivity, empathy and adaptability;
- Ability to establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with students, as well as inspire confidence and motivate them to carry out prescribed treatment;
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgment in carrying out functions of the position;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy professional program and at least (2) years of experience as an occupational therapist, preferably in a school and/ or pediatric practice setting; and
- A valid license to practice Occupational Therapy in the USVI.
Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at www.vide.vi and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to email@example.com for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licenses, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.
Travel, transportation and relocation expenses are not authorized by this position. Any travel, transportation and relocation expense associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected candidate