THE POSITION BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: Contracts Administrator
LOCATION: St. Thomas/ St. John District
Interested persons should contact: DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Deadline for applying: Until Filled
Salary Range: $60,000.00
Under the direction of the Legal Counsel, the Contract Administrator performs highly responsible and specialized duties related to the Virgin Islands Department of Education’s contractual needs and directs all activities concerned with contractual agreements. The Contract Administrator is primarily responsible for drafting, developing, administering, and managing all contractual agreements and amendments for the Department including but limited to contracts for purchases, materials or services; memorandums of agreement and understanding between agencies of the Government; interagency agreements; and sub-grantee agreements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Plans, organizes and directs the administration of contracts in order to ensure efficient and effective functioning within the framework of Departmental needs in accordance with laws, rules, regulations and policies;
- Monitors performance throughout the life of the contractual agreements and manages a database used to track and monitors all contractual agreements;
- Initiates and continues correspondence with the contractors and vendors throughout the contractual process and examines supporting contractual documents to ensure requirements are met;
- Drafts and develops contractual agreements including developing scopes of work and compensation plans;
- Prepares change orders, options to renew, amendments, and supplemental agreements as necessary during the life of contracts;
- Maintains security precautions that relate to the preclusion of dissemination or disclosure prior to negotiations of confidential or official information contained in applicable contract files;
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of federal and local laws and regulations and procedures governing contract administration ;
- Knowledge of procurement rules and regulations and rules of Government contracting;
- Excellent skills in communicating clearly and effectively in English, including writing clear and concise documents.
- Proficient in Microsoft suit, access and excel programs;
- Conversant with regulatory, legislative and procedural changes;
- Must be flexible, proactive, highly motivated, resourceful, organized, professional and efficient;
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision;
- Ability to draft contractual language outside of the standard required language based on Government’s needs;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of the Department’s staff and other external entities and bodies;
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgment in carrying out functions of the position.
- Juris Doctor from an Accredited Law School and Two (2) years of experience in Administrative and Contractual Law or;
- Master’s degree in Business or Public Administration with a minimum of five (5) years progressive relevant experience in the field of contractual and administrative law.
- Possession of a valid Virgin Islands driver’s license and if necessary be able to provide own transportation in conduct of work assignments and willingness to travel between St. Thomas, St. John and St. Croix as required.
No person shall be discriminated against in employment or in any other educational program or activity offered by the Virgin Islands Department of Education on account of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, handicap, or age.”
Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at www.vide.vi and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to email@example.com for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licensures, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.
****DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, THE DEPARTMENT WILL NOTIFY ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SELECTED FOR THE NEXT STEP IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. ****
Travel, transportation and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected candidate.