THE POSITION BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: Fixed Assets Analyst
LOCATION: St. Thomas/St. John District
Interested persons should contact: DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Deadline for applying: July 28, 2017
Starting Salary: $36,066.00- $61,685.00 GRADE: GS10
Union: Non- Union Classified
This is professional work that requires the ability to provide support in the implementation of the Division’s policies and objectives in accordance with both local and federal reporting standards. Supervision for this position is received from the Fixed Asset Manager. Work in this class involves major responsibility for the recording and analyzing of all Fixed Assets and capital (i.e. property equipment) and intangible assets. This employee must be able to maintain high levels of concentration, patience and flexibility especially in unexpected situations. This employee is given considerable latitude in exercising professional skills and independent judgment in the performance of work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Create random sample of assets for monthly cycle counts;
- Document all new fixed asset purchase deliveries;
- Prepare monthly cycle count and purchased asset reconciliation schedule (by contacting schools and offices and setting date of visits);
- Prepare, plan and conduct on-going cycle counts and purchased asset reconciliations;
- Prepare daily cycle count and purchased asset reconciliation reports;
- Prepare daily cycle count and purchased asset reconciliation results reports (i.e. school visited, assets in sample, assets located and missing assets);
- Ensure Principal(s) or inventory contacts prepare missing asset movement documentation “on the spot” when identified during a cycle count;
- Review Inventory Binders for accuracy and completeness during cycle counts;
- Take appropriate steps to resolve instances of assets not being found
- Receive and maintain documentation on the movement of fixed assets (i.e. home use authorization, transfer of property, report of survey etc…)
- Update Financial Management fixed asset information based on documented movement of assets
- Approve new fixed asset additions created by warehouse receiving clerks;
- Periodically review assets and asset information to ensure uniformity and accurate entry;
- Monitor and report on warehouse cycle times to receive and deliver fixed assets;
- Report on Fixed Assets received and activated;
- Conduct warehouse audits of fixed assets (i.e. ensure they are in the secured cage, cage is locked and access is controlled etc…)
- Prepare plan and execute E-waste disposal;
- Provide agenda items and assist with the planning and conducting of quarterly inventory and asset management meeting;
- Prepare analysis and input to review key issues with Principals and Superintendents;
- Assist in the planning of the bi-annual physical inventory count;
- Conduct verifications of Missing items found during the bi-annual physical inventory;
- Based on bi-annual physical inventory results, update MUNIS as necessary (example: Added, Moved, Validated etc…)
- Performs related work as required.
- Knowledge of the theories, principles, practices and techniques associated with asset reconciliations and reporting standards;
- Proven multitasking and time management capabilities;
- Possess critical thinking, quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and communicate impact;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel;
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and research problems of a complex nature and make recommendations;
- Ability to manage and maintain the Munis Fixed Asset Module;
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment and multi task while meeting specific deadlines;
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgment in carrying out functions of the position;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships, with supervisor, colleagues and vendors;
- Ability to consistently complete assigned tasks in a timely manner;
- Ability to write reports detailing daily, weekly and monthly activities;
- Ability to write, update and/or edit policy and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related field or four (4) years of progressively strong experience working in the field of logistics or assets tracking and accountability related work.
“No person shall be discriminated against in employment or in any other educational program or activity offered by the Virgin Islands Department of Education on account of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, handicap, or age.”
Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at http://jobs.vide.vi and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to email@example.com for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licensures, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.
****DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, THE DEPARTMENT WILL NOTIFY ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SELECTED
FOR THE NEXT STEP IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. ****
Travel, transportation and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected candidate.