Just to simplify the student User ID (UID) Policies
Lets break it down ... a student named “Johnny Dolittle Williams” with Student-ID “1234567” born on “06/24/2001”
- UID =johnny.williams567
- Default (sample) Password: Jw06242001 (they will be forced to change it. Note: the FIRST letter is capitalized)
- Primary Email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office365 = email@example.com (login for email access)
- All students will have at least 3 email addresses firstname.lastname@example.org (main) and email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org (alias)
- All students must go to the Passwordreset TOOL first to activate their account.
- An account will be activated for system access once a student has enrolled and or changed updated their password.
- Access your email account http://outlook.com/stu.vide.vi
- For wireless access please login with format stu\johnny.williams567 (your user name)
This is across the board but there are exceptions … some user accounts with hyphenated last names or a UID more than 20 characters have been adjusted. If you are unsure, It is best to search for user names via http://addressbook.vide.vi.
If you have any questions or concerns just reply to this email.