Centennial Quiz Answer Key
- The Virgin Islands of the United States, formerly the Danish West Indies, were formally transferred to the United States of America on March 31, 1917 for:
D. Twenty-five million dollars in gold coins
- Who were the leaders of the United States and Denmark at the time of the transfer?
C. Woodrow Wilson and King Christian X
- How did the U.S. Government plan to use the Danish West Indies?
B. To serve as a naval base in the Caribbean
- What year did natives of the Virgin Islands receive full American citizenship?
- Following the Transfer, the Virgin Islands of the United States were initially overseen by:
B. The U.S. Navy