By Cellecia Francis 49 downloads
Audio Visual Aide.pdf
THE POSITION BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: Audio Visual Aide
LOCATION: St. Thomas/St. John District
Interested persons should contact: DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Deadline for applying: April 8, 2019
Starting Salary: $ 27,040.00 GRADE: EC-07
Union: American Federation of Teachers- Support Staff
Under supervision of a higher level administrator, an individual selected for this position, will assist with the procurement, distribution and maintenance of audio visual materials. Individual will also be responsible for maintaining the audio visual library of a school district.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Prepares requisitions for the purchase of new audio visual materials;
- Arranges for borrowing of film strips, slides and other resources;
- Packs and unpacks shipments of film, slides and similar materials;
- Distributes audio visual materials
- Prepare catalog of audio visual materials available to schools and community groups;
- Edits video presentations, checks and repairs film, performs minor repairs on audio visual equipment;
- Videotapes educational TV programs at the request of the staff;
- Operates movie projector, slide projector, video cassette recorder, television equipment etc. and instructs others I the operation of such equipment;
- Performs clerical work necessary to procure, distribute and store audio visual materials;
- May manipulate an alpha-numeric keyboard to display information (school closings, Board of Education meetings, etc.) to include on local education channel;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications such as (Word and Outlook) and other database software to complete assigned tasks;
- Ability to adjust minor mechanical errors in any of the machines:
- Ability and knowledge in the operation of AV equipment;
- Ability to maintain accurate records;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- Ability to exercise patience and deal tactfully with all levels of staff;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all persons contacted during the course of the work day;
- Ability to exercise sound, independent judgment in carrying out functions of the position;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Completion of the twelfth grade.
No person shall be discriminated against in employment or in any other educational program or activity offered by the Virgin Islands Department of Education on account of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, handicap, or age.”
Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at http://jobs.vide.vi and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to email@example.com for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licensures, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.
****DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, THE DEPARTMENT WILL NOTIFY ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SELECTED FOR THE NEXT STEP IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. ****