pdf Contract Specialist Popular
By Cellecia Francis 226 downloads
THE POSITION BELOW IS VACANT IN THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION:
POSITION TITLE: Contract Specialist
LOCATION: St. Thomas/St. John District
Interested persons should contact: DIVISION OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Deadline for applying: Until Filled
Starting Salary: $45,000
This is professional work that involves the monitoring and/ or managing of the policies and procedures as it pertains to the procurement of supplies, equipment and services. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Property and Procurement, the Contract Specialist assists in the development and management of contract files, request for proposals, monitoring vendor performance, terminations and close outs and other duties as it relates to the Virgin Islands Department of Education’s procurement contractual needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Monitors and evaluates for Department’s local and federal compliance with approved program activities;
- Assists with planning and developing operating procedures and policies which support the goals and objectives of the division;
- Disseminates information on federal mandates, regulations and guidelines;
- Compiles statistical data used to support all activities as well as to calculate program effectiveness;
- Monitors all phases of activities to ensure compliance with federal and local laws;
- Conducts research and prepares reports;
- Communicates on behalf of program with relevant stakeholders;
- Provides formal and informal training related to contracts and procurement;
- Examines and verifies validity and authenticity of records;
- Keeps immediate supervisor informed;
- Performs other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent skills in communicating clearly and effectively in English, to include composing clear and concise documents.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft suite, access and excel programs;
- Must be flexible, proactive, highly motivated, resourceful, professional and efficient;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and facilitate meetings;
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills;
- High level of critical and reasoning skills;
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision;
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment in carrying out functions of the position;
- Ability to develop, update and/or edit policy and procedures;
- Ability to consistently complete assigned tasks in a timely manner;
- Ability to write reports detailing daily, weekly and monthly activities;
- Ability to document meeting minutes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field with a two (2) years or more progressive relevant experience in procurement, research, statistical analysis or technical writing or (5) years of experience as a paralegal or procurement related experience.
Interested persons should apply by visiting our website at www.teachusvi.net and select the appropriate application for submission procedures.
Send your complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Application documents required: (1) Completed Application, (2) Resume, (3) Cover Letter, (4) Official College Transcripts, (5) Certifications, (6) Licensures, (7) Three Letters of Recommendation, (8) Police Background Check and (9) Doctor’s Statement of Good Health.
****DUE TO A HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICANTS, THE DEPARTMENT WILL NOTIFY ONLY THOSE WHO ARE SELECTED
FOR THE NEXT STEP IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS. ****
Travel, transportation and relocation expenses are not authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected candidate.